Saturday, June 2, 2012

You and I (Beauty and Truth)

You and I (Beauty and Truth)

for my defunct love

You insist that truth is beauty that beauty is truth
but I know, sometimes
beauty lies and truth is ugly
this, of course, is perspectival.
You are a red silk Lanvin trenchcoat
and I am a second-hand tweed skirt.
You are Cristal and Beluga
and a decadence I cannot pronounce.

Yet, I love you still.
My heart lives in your heart, 

I laugh. It's absurd.

When we part,
I drink water from a jelly jar.

1 comment:

  1. "I must learn to love the fool in me -- the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."

    ~ Theodore Rubin

    ReplyDelete