Sunday, August 5, 2012

This was not written for me

Still it's pretty good.

is this dada (or do i love you)?

by Benjamin Perez


let me make myself perfectly clear:
i am a matador standing on his head reading an almanac printed
upsidedown&backwards

yes, this is both the beginning and the end of song
to exist within this sweet crazed anguish
to exist within this reckless dedication
to exist within this perpetual sunrise of bullfights and propellers
body groaning atop the tender machine gun of ancient fondness
endless corridors of chocolate tigers
endless galleries of lollipop bears
i am a hot whirlwind
i am a wheelbarrow hauling thunder
i am sweet carrion-slow dancing beneath the primordial crime of the vulture's kiss
first: the delicious dangling
then the hot
red
descending
_______
(i beg you
unbuckle my belt)
yes, i am dreaming electricity
let me pour you a sundress of sherbet
let me blow you a nightgown of bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment