Monday, November 3, 2014

"10 Things I Hate About You"

1. Your eyes that draw me in like two magnets and leave me utterly lost in a sea of blue
2. Your boyish smile that beguiles me into believing anything and everything you say to me, no matter how outlandish or cliché
3. Your teeth that gleam with fearful symmetry, like a tiger stalking prey
4. Your voice that sings my name in unspoken syllables.
5. Your arms that hold me weightless against the grain of the universe
6. Your ambivalence that leaves an icy rime around my heart
7. Your distancing rhetoric; a confusing amalgam of fear and uncertainty
8. My desire to give you anything and everything you want no matter that my heart says, "hold on, hold on."
9. My inability to say "no."
10. Your kisses that scorch my flesh with a promise of possibility and a vision of what could be/might have been

No comments:

Post a Comment