Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Maurice Sendak, you will never know how much I love you

Today my heart feels heavy, I am mourning the loss of one of the greatest authors of children's literature. Where the Wild Things Are remains one of my favorite books from childhood. In the Night Kitchen is one of the greatest stories of youthful exuberance and the will to joie de vivre ever written. Rest in peace, dear sir, you left this world a better place for having been in it.

If you want to see a hilarious interview in which he goes toe-to-toe with Stephen Colbert, then click this link!

You must also listen to this interview. He was such an amazing human being!

"I have nothing now but praise for my life. I'm not unhappy. I cry a lot because I miss people. They die and I can't stop them. They leave me and I love them more. ... What I dread is the isolation. ... There are so many beautiful things in the world which I will have to leave when I die, but I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment