Monday, September 10, 2012

Everything...

Everything, well most everything, that I write here is fiction. Or a kind of fiction. Or poetry. Unless I'm quoting someone else, what I write here consists of fragments for story ideas or poems that will be published elsewhere in, hopefully, a better state than they appear here. As I said in this post, this blog functions as a part of my process. I write here in order to work out specific problems or to explore language experiments. Again, this is not my journal or diary, though certainly all writing is biography to some degree, the "I" or "she" is not necessarily "me" nor should it be read that way. Of course there are exceptions, but those are rare and even in those cases I'm playing more with an idea or a feeling than trying to report something about my life.

Of course Nietzsche would say that the "I" is the supreme fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment