Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Christmas Love Letter Experiment

A love letter for TS

When I'm near you I swim in a sea of clear blue, basking in your smile; a place I know, somehow, from a half-forgotten memory or a dream.  I read the words on the tip of your tongue and sometimes they frighten me--all the things I long to say fall away. I have to remind myself not to break this spell. Somewhere we're weaving the same dream. We'll meet there, someday.

Je t'embrasse,

The crazy red-haired girl who writes all the things

A love letter for Roman

From fancy flaming drinks to dating tips, your wry smile, ironically raised brow, and vaguely puckered lips, such deft affect to procure patrons' tips--I think I like you best when you're brandishing whiskey sours and making sarcastic quips.

Affectionately,

Your favorite patron

A love letter for Carie

Dancing is the best medicine. Leaping in midair, laughing, flying girl on a trapeze, conceal, reveal, appease. She mocks you, you're pleased.

With much affection,

A kindred spirit

A love letter for Jane

Darkly smiling, bright eyes hide, searching soul, poetic retrace, behind a mane of black hair, you'll never truly see her face.

Love forever and always!

Your soul sister

No comments:

Post a Comment