Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Lady or the Tiger, Redux

I wasn't looking for you, but you found me. I tried to run, tried to hide, tried at every turn to sabotage and destroy. I tried to be unafraid. I tried so hard to be ready. But I froze your heart with the doubts in my kiss and the questions in my fingertips. I tried to just let it be. But it was not in my power. It was an unstoppable force.

A force of nature that could not be diverted from its path. I couldn't escape you. The voice in my head told me to run toward the volcano. My layers of facade fell away as easily as our discarded clothing. Dressed or not, I was always naked with you. Your eyes transfixed me. You held me like you'd never let me go. Your kisses seared my flesh with a love that felt as natural as breathing. You were the only one to ever calm the storms behind my eyes. What could I do but offer you my soul?

But the question of my doubt remained: how could a butterfly tame a tiger?

The question remains.

Maybe I just wanted you to sing me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment